CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Assigment # 8

My sources

http://www.bookrags.com/essay-2005/12/19/112226/68

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/confederation/kids/h2-1620-e.html

http://www.bookrags.com/wiki/Louis_Riel

The interview

Host: Today we will be joined by a special guest who was a famous fonder of Manitoba. He is Louis Riel.

Audience claps* *Louis Riel enters*

Host: Welcome to the show Louis Riel.

Louis Riel: Its a pleasure to be here.

Host: I have heard that you wanted to be a Priest before and had all the education but why didn't you finish your education??

Louis Riel: Well, I stopped going to school to become a Priest when I was younger because of my father death. While I wasn't at school I was working to earn some money for my family.

Host: oh okay, Why were people so worried when the government of Canada bought the land of the Red River Colony??

Louis Riel: They were worried about their future and about keeping their rights and their way of life. They needed a leader, and they chose me to be that leader.

Host: How was Manitoba formed?

Louis Riel: First i had to show that I wanted to talk directly to Ottawa, I formed a Métis government. Then I stopped the Canadian representative from entering the colony, took control of Upper Fort Garry and held several people there as prisoners. Then As part of the agreement the Province of Manitoba was formed, which included the Red River Colony. When, to keep the peace, Ottawa sent troops to the new province. I was scared for my life.

Host: Why were you so scared for your life?

Louis Riel: I was so scared because to keep the peace, when Ottawa sent troops to the new province Many of the soldiers that went to there did not like francophones and Catholics, and Riel was both. He fled to the United States to protect himself.

Host: I have heard that you killed Thomas Scott. Why did you kill him?

Louis Riel: Well, I killed Thomas Scott because he was an anti-Catholic and anti-French sentiment in Ontario. He also was very disloyal to his country. He betrayed many people while he joined Canada.

Host: So you don't have any regrets?

Louis Riel: No, I don't because I had a very good reason for my actions.

Host: Wow, why were you sent to east to study at the Seminaire de St-Sulpice in Montreal to became a Priest?

Louis Riel: I was sent to study there because when i was a child I had a quickness of mind and it was recognized by the priests at Saint-Boniface.

Host: Okay thanks for coming here, that's all the time we have today.

0 comments: